10 Feb 2012

Woodmans Pal

Good way to end the working week today with the receipt of my new Woodman's Pal machete. Ordered from ProTool Industries in the US back on the 1st Feb, I was pretty impressed that it arrived so soon, especially being a blade going through customs!

Not much to say about it really, quality bit of kit, solid as a rock and well balanced. I went for the Military Model 284-LTS; Treated Leather Sheath and Sharpening Stone. Grip is really comfortable, being leather with the steel knuckle guard and the sheath is made of a decent slab of leather with chunky button studs. I had it engraved with my name, a free offer from ProTool at the time of order.

Should be a good addition to the FJ, especially when clearing trails that have grown over or tidying up a camp site.

1. Woodman's Pal Sheathed
2. Woodman's Pal Unsheathed

3. Custom engraving on the reverse of the blade.

No comments: