7 Feb 2012

ARB Round II

Well I got my car back from ARB today after going in for its second round of major mods.

Firstly, my Long Ranger 120L Heavy Duty auxiliary tank was installed. This has been engineered to fit perfectly in the massive amount of empty space in the rear. Even though its the larger of the options supplied by Long Ranger, you couldn't tell its there unless you crawl underneath the vehicle. LR has managed to keep the same departure angles with this bigger tank, so hats off to them.

The aux tank has a slow rate transfer pump, which at the touch of a button, transfers fuel to the main tank. Its somewhat bizarre to be driving along and watching your main fuel gauge rising! This tank is the "heavy duty" version, which is basically the standard version with extra steel plate welded on the base, you can see the seam in the photo.

Next on the list was ARB rock rails; I've been hanging out for these since I got the car to help with the trail litter (sticks, branches, etc) that kick up as well as keeping the sills protected when serious wheeling. I personally like the way the colours match the bar and I think it sets the car off pretty well now.

I had a set of Adventure Offroad recovery points to go on as well. They came in bright orange, but I wasn't really impressed with that, so I had them sandblasted and re-powder coated in red. I had the same thing done with the Inch Worm E-Locker guard, which was blue and since I was getting the recovery points re-coated, I figured this could be done as well.

Against the black the red hooks look pretty sweet and I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. Shouldn't have any dramas finding the hooks when buried in mud!

1. Adventure Off Road Recovery Hooks

2. ARB Rock Rails

3. Long Ranger 120L heavy duty tank

4. Long Ranger heavy duty tank - steel plating

5. Inch Worm E-Locker Guard

No comments: