16 June 2012

TyreDog 1300 TPMS

I've had these on my list for a while, but never really got around to dropping the cash for them. Fortunately one of the guys over on FJCC had some he wanted to get rid of as part of a stocktake, which kinda pushed my hand a bit (thanks Daz!).

When I first opened the box I was really surprised at the size of the monitor. Measuring around 70mm x 30mm, I was expecting a lot larger but more than happy about it not taking up a heap of room.

Installation couldn't be easier; drop the batteries (supplied) into the monitor then into the sensors. They come online and beep and complain a bit until they are screwed onto the valves. I didn't bother using the locking collars, since it seems like a PITA when airing down for trail runs. Lets just hope the crackheads don't decide to steal them!

I mounted the monitor next to the Long Ranger tank gauge using the supplied suction mount. Due to the small stature of the monitor and mounting bracket, it seems like a perfect position that won't be intrusive, though time will tell.

1. TyreDog TPMS Boxed

2. Small in size, big on features ;)

3. Mounted up