31 Mar 2012

Additional Switch Panel

I've had a bit of a dilemma of late; more switches to install for accessories, but no where to put them. Originally I had intended to place them on the right hand side panel next to the ignition barrel (silver trim) but on removing the trim, there isn't a great deal of depth, so it wouldn't be any good considering the depth of the Carling Rockers.

So back to the drawing board, I decided a 4 gang plate would fit perfectly in the sunken section behind the transmission. It didn't fit 100% perfectly and needed some additional cutting with a Dremel, but no huge effort required. Once I had the cutout space right, I dropped the gang plate in and epoxied it into place.

I installed three of the custom rockers I had into the gang plate and used a blanking plate for the 4th slot. I have this slot reserved for the LED light bar for the roof rack.

Here's a pretty pic of the final install:

No comments: