16 Jan 2012

Forest Tool Max-Ax

Happy 2012 to everyone and my first post of the year (don't worry it can only get better from here!).

Well, I finally got my Max Ax today. For those not familiar with this product; its an axe based tool with the ability to add a pick, shovel, matock or McCloud tool attachments. The axe comes with a heavy leather sheath and a balistic nylon tool case that holds the attachments. This tool case has loops in the back that can be hooked around the handle of the axe (or something else).

The one I got was a military version, which is the same as a normal version, just OD green (was the only one the seller had!). Its standard equiptment on US army vehicles and I had the fortune of using a firefighting version when I was in the fire service.

I got mine through a reseller on ebay, as finding someone who will ship these from the US is a pretty tough work. Be prepared to pay around $100 AUS for the privilage of shipping this product as its around 13lbs.

Max Ax website is here: www.maxax.com/



No comments: