23 Dec 2011

Rigid Industries Reverse Light

Recently FJCC (FJ Cruiser Club of Australia) ran a group buy for All Pro Offroad "Bandi" Mounts. These mounts attach to the top hinge of the rear door, principally for the attachment of an aerial. Since I have my aerial mounted to my bullbar, I decided that using the mount to attach a reverse light would be perfect.

The mount itself doesn't come too far away from the hinge or body of the car, so getting an appropriate light took some research. I finally settled on a Rigid Industries Dually D2 Diffusion LED light, putting out 2600 lumens and being an LED draws only 2 amps. When unpacking from the box, I was surprised by how well made and solid the unit was. It comes with a full wiring harness, including switch and fuse, though I'll probably butcher this and alter it to fit my needs better.
Once mounted to the Bandi mount, the light really lived up to its name of being "Rigid", trying to move it around once the bolts had been cranked up was impossible, so theoretically should be perfect on corrugated roads and bush work.

Here's some photos of the current installation, unfortunately I haven't had a chance to wire it all up yet. For Aussies wanting the same light, you can get them through Snake Racing.

Illumination; not distance but flood.


No comments: